GAME OF RUMMY – THE TALE OF HOME TO SCREENS
Rummy has been considered the lifeblood of every card game for years now. There’s at least one person in every family who is an expert in the card game. Traditionally, people of every age group used to play Rummy as a fun and skill game – at the same time believing it to be a source of socialization and engagement.
Although the game is now centuries old, it has translated from offline to online gaming -and the passion for playing online rummy never stopped since then. While Rummy has a melange of benefits including alertness, increased confidence, and a boost in observational abilities, online Rummy is offering these benefits to customers on their screens itself.
Here’s how Rummy has evolved from the offline landscape and has become a part of our digital screens today –
- One easy Google search and you’ll find that Rummy originated from Conquian (a Mexican game) and has a history dated back to as long as 400 years. Played initially in Spain and Mexico, it swiftly made its way to America.
- Called Rami in France, Jolly in Austria, and simply Rummy in India – Rummy became very popular in Germany and in 2007, there was a Rummy Championship organized by the Association of German Skat.
- Rummy then became one of the most grossing games in India – almost in every household, it was considered the life of every social gathering.
- With the advent of online gaming and primarily 4G, India witnessed a significant spike in internet penetration and that’s when the online gaming took over the traditional gaming.
- By the early 2012, a lot of small and big applications started flooding the internet and that’s when people started experimenting with different versions of rummy.
- Surge in smartphones became a ‘real’ thing – players then had the option of choosing from many websites/applications. That’s when the competition started. With more features like engaging user interface, varieties, digital footprints, and tournaments, online rummy gained prominence.
- The digital revolution has made the entire world deal with data and digital screens. Everyone wants to lead the race of this transformation and is looking for something that can help reducing stress, managing time, and boost skills. And rummy, rightly called the ‘game of skill’ is proving to deliver both entertainment and better skills.
- The reason it’s becoming popular every day compared to the offline Rummy is because it’s safer, provides a lot of varieties, real cash games, helps people make a social community digitally.
Take home – Key benefits of playing online rummy –
- It’s a melange of tradition and technology
- Fair and fool-proof gaming
- Real cash games and tournaments on a regular basis
- Multiple variants of Rummy
- Practice games for improvement and skill development
- Flexibility – in terms of devices and time
This 13-card rummy game has come a long way – and it is set to grow even further. It’s safe to say that Rummy will set benchmark for the new games to come in the online gaming sphere – happy playing!