List Of 10 Most Popular Online Card Games In India
Updated: Aug 8, 2019, 18:00 IST << Back
The love for card games online in India goes way back into our history. Whether it is some special wedding gatherings, festivals like Diwali or a casual evening with friends, a few rounds of card games is a must. But with hectic lifestyles and distance adding to our daily troubles, playing card games physically became more and more of a challenge.
What turned the table completely is the popularity of online card games. The same old card games, with the easy rules, coming right to your mobile or laptop, made enjoying the game so much easier. No matter what you are doing or where you live, you can pick a live card game and enjoy it any time you like. Let’s look at the list of card games in India and just how simple it is to play them online.
This is a live online card game in India that allows you to play with real players. There are many websites that offer live teen patti games and most of them are running 24x7. The card game is also known as Flash or Flush and can be played with up to 5 players on a table. The player with the best hand wins the game.
Rules for Teen Patti
- All players get 3 cards
- There are two sets of 3 cards kept in the middle. Two cards are closed and one card is open in each set.
- The two cards of each set that are open are the Joker cards for the game.
- The highest-ranking combination is the winner.
Ranking of the cards from high to low:
- Trail or set - Consists of three of the same value cards.
- Pure sequence - This is any suit that runs for three consecutive cards.
- Sequence - same as above but doesn’t require the cards to be of same suite.
- Color - If all the cards of same suite they form a color.
- Pair - Two card of the same rank.
- High card -Ace is the highest card while 2 is the lowest.
Tips to Win
- If you don’t have high value cards, then it is best to drop out of this game
- Bluffing is a part of this game, so if you have one high value card and remaining are not so good, you can bluff and confuse the other players.
Online rummy is one of the most popular card games of India. The card game requires you to form sequences and sets and make a valid declaration. This is a 13-card game and to win the game you need a minimum of one pure sequence. The game is available online and the player just needs to register online and start playing, anytime and from anywhere. One big plus point for playing online rummy is the real cash rewards. You can win real cash, every time you play cash rummy games online.
Rules for Rummy
- The 13 cards must be grouped in sets and sequences to make a valid declaration
- To win the game you need two sequences out of which one must be a pure sequence
- The remaining cards can be arranged in sets or sequences
- A sequence is a group of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit. Pure sequence is when you make this spread without any Joker card and impure sequence is when it is done with a Joker.
- A set is a group of three or four cards of the same value but of different suits
To know more about rummy rules, visit our how to play rummy page.
Tips to Win
- One should make the pure sequence first, as you can’t declare without forming this group.
- Avoid holding onto high value cards. Instead, focus on replacing them with Joker or Wild Cards
To know more about rummy tips, visit our rummy tips and tricks page.
Poker has quite a fan following in India. It has a bit of luck, strategy and skill all combined together. There are different variants of poker and the rules also vary a bit in each case. Some of the popular variants of poker include, Hold’em, Omaha and Seven Card Stud.
Rules for Poker
Here are the different ways you can win in poker:
- Straight Flush: Have five cards in numerical order of the same suit.
- Four of a kind: Should have four cards of the same rank and the fifth one side card is known as the ‘kicker’
- Full House: Should have three cards of the same value and two cards of a different but matching value.
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit
- Straight: Five cards in a sequence
- Three of a kind: Should have three cards of the same rank and two unrelated cards
- One pair: Two cards of a matching rank, and three unrelated side cards
Tips to Win
- Pick one variant of poker and stick to it. Juggling between too many variants will not let you get comfortable with any.
- Avoid tilt. Getting emotional about the game will make you take wrong decisions. Observe the game and then make the right moves.
This is fun card game that most of us have played at one point or the other. As the name suggests, here you have to bluff smartly and try to empty your hand of the cards as soon as possible.
Rules for Bluff
The game is played with four or more players.
- The game is played with four or more players.
- A player will put down one or more than one card of the same value. For example, two cards of Jack, Three Queen and so on.
- The player can put the actual card or put some other card and bluff.
- If the other player thinks that the player is bluffing, he can pick the cards to check. If the player is bluffing, then the cards are given back to the player and if the player had put the correct cards, then he has to pick those cards up and add to his pile.
- The player who is able to discard all his cards at first, is the winner.
Tips to Win
- Try to make quick calculations on the cards that are getting discarded. If someone says he has discarded 4 cards of 10, and you have one card in your hand, then it is surely a bluff.
- Observe the tendency of how quickly the game is moving and then see which player has the highest bluffing tendency.
Three Two Five
This is one of the fun and popular card games in India and is mostly played with three players. What the player has to do is one player makes five hands, the next one has to make three hands and the third player has to make two hands.
Rules for Three Two Five
- In this game, out of 30 cards, 22 cards are removed
- There is Ace to Seven of Spades, Hearts, Ace to Eight of Club and Diamonds.
- Players who make two hands in the game will make three hands in the next game and so forth
- Player who makes maximum hand in the end is the winner.
Tips to Win
- Observe the gameplay and see how you will pick cards from the closed deck
- There are rounds in this game, so focus on closing as many rounds as possible.
Bridge is a card game that is packed with thrill, challenge and strategy together. No doubt it’s among the most popular card games of India. The game is played with a full set of cards and require minimum four players to play.
Rules for Bridge
- The suits in bridge are ranked from Spades, Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs, the lowest.
- In the bidding process, the players decide how many tricks they can take in a single suit as Trump
- Trump means a card of the same suit will always win the trick.
- If you are not sure, how your team will play, you can pass the bid. Three consecutive pass will declare the other team as the winner.
Tips to Win
- Use the redouble only when you are confident that you will be able to win. On the same lines, doubling is a way, that will let the other team know that you don’t think you can win.
- To win the game you need 100 game points. However, remember bridge is played as best of two out of three.
Satte Pe Satta
This is one more card game that’s quite popular in India. The simplest understanding of this game is that any player who holds the seven of hearts can start the game. The player who is sitting next to him can play 6 or 8 of hearts. If he doesn’t have 6 or 8 of hearts, then he can pass the move. If the player has 7 of any other suit like 7 of Diamonds, then Spade Club card has to be played.
Rules for Satte Pe Satta
- The game is played between 3 to 8 players with a 52 card deck.
- Once the cards are dealt, arrange them in suits and numerical order
- The game starts when the first 7 of hearts is laid out.
- The next player can play 6 or 8 of hearts
- The game moves as a 7 of any other color is laid and then the next player can play 6 or 8 of that color.
- The player who finishes first all his cards is the winner.
Tips to Win
- Hold onto your 7, 6 and 5 as long as possible. This will not allow the other players also to play their cards
- Keep a mental note of how many cards are left from each suit and then strategize accordingly.
This game is popularly known as Twenty One. The rules for this card game are quite simple, and it is packed with thrill and strategy. The game is played with a 52 card pack and the aim is to get as close to 21 as possible, without going over 21.
Rules for BlackJack
- The face cards are of value 10 and the remaining cards are of the same value as the number. The Ace card can be of value 1 or 11.
- If the first two cards of a player is ace and then a ten card, then it gives the count of 21 in just two cards and it is a natural or a ‘blackjack’.
- If the other player face up card is a ten or an ace, he then looks at his face down cards to check if they make a natural. If the face up card is not a 10 card or ace, then he doesn’t look at the face down card till it’s the next turn.
Tips to Win
- If you have strong cards like 7, 8., 9, 10 or Ace, then you should not stop drawing cards till you reach the number of 17 or 18.
- If you have weak cards like 4,5,6 then you should stop drawing cards when you reach a 12.
This is a four-player game that is quite popular in the Western states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. The objective of the game is to win tricks that contain tens. This is also the only card game that includes a zero. A standard 52 card deck is used in this game.
Rules for Mendikot
- The deal is made by 13 drawing cards from a shuffled pack.
- A card is randomly drawn and the suit that the card belong to, becomes the Trump.
- The first player leads with any card to the first trick. The other players are expected to follow the same suit. A player who is unable to follow suit may play any card.
- A trick that contains no trumps is won by the highest card of the suit.
- If trumps are played, then the highest trump wins.
Tips to Win
- Try to gather 3 or 4 cards of 10 to come out as a winner.
- The game is played in partnership, so if both players have exactly 2 cards of 10, then you can win easily.
This is a game that is played between two players and requires 30 cards. The regular jokers have no role in this game. However, this game has 2 additional jokers, the 7 of hearts that is the big joker, 7 of Spades that is the small joker.
Rules for Seven Eight
The game is played with the following cards:
- Spades => 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A
- Diamonds => 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A
- Clubs => 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A
- Hearts => 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A
- The player has to make more than 7 hands in this game. The player who calls the trump is the given the cards first. However, the caller has to make more than 8 hands.
- If one player makes 7 hands and the caller makes 8 hands, then it’s a draw.
- The cards are given to the players in 3 sets, with each set having 10 cards each.
- At the beginning of the game the caller states one card as the trump card.
- The aim is to make a proper sequence using the trump card or without it from the cards laid out and from the open deck.
Tips to Win
- Try using the trump card to your advantage to form the hand
- Cards of numbers like 4 or 7 are useful in completely your hand as compared to high value cards.
Card games are fun, and each game comes with its own twist and turns. You can enjoy any of these popular online card games and have fun, no matter where you are.
All Gaming Articles
- New & Upcoming Games Online
- Don't Miss Out These Top 10 Online Games In 2019
- Best Online Games To Play Now
- List Of 10 Most Popular Online Card Games In India
- Play Online Games To Kill Your Boredom
- Best PC Games To Play Online
- Ultimate Brain Games That Challenge The Mind
- Free Online Games To Play Now