Points Rummy Format
What is Points Rummy?
In Points Rummy, players play for points which have a pre-decided rupee-value. One winner wins all the cash at the end of each game.
Winnings =(Sum of all points that opponents get) X (Rupee value of the point) - RummyCircle fees.
- How is Points Rummy Played on RummyCircle?
- How is the Scoring Done in Points Rummy?
- What are the Maximum Points a Player Can Get?
- How are the Winnings Calculated in Points Rummy?
- How Does the Drop Option Work?
How is Points Rummy Played on RummyCircle?
Points Rummy on RummyCircle.com is a 2 to 6 player game played typically with 2 packs of 53 cards each (including one printed joker per pack).
- Players play for points which have a pre-decided rupee value.
- Each player must bring a minimum amount to the table.
- A toss will decide which player makes the first move.
- Each player is dealt a set of 13 cards randomly.
- First card from the pack is placed in the open deck indicating that the game has started.
- Remaining cards are placed face-down in the closed deck slot.
- A joker card is randomly selected at the beginning of each game.
- Printed Joker: In case a printed joker is selected as joker for a game, then players can also use Ace card of any suit as a joker in their sets and / or sequences.
- Objective : Arrange all 13 cards in-hand in sequences and/or sets.
- Each player takes turns to pick/discard a card from closed/open deck to complete sets and/or sequences.
- You can use one or more joker to complete your sets and/or sequences.
- You can move a card to the finish slot to declare your sets and sequences.
- To declare the player must show the cards in hand by grouping them in sets/sequences and clicking on 'Declare' button.
- Compulsory: To finish the game, you must declare at least two sequences, one of which must be a pure sequence.
- Caution: You cannot use the same card twice in a set for instance 7 ♠ 7 ♠ 7 ♥ is not a valid set.
How is the Scoring Done in Points Rummy?
Deciding the winner : The first player to finish after meeting the game objective wins. The winner gets 0 points.
- If one or more players drop the game in their first move, they get 20 points each and the game continues till a single winner emerges.
- If one or more players drop the game after their first move, they get 40 points each and the game continues till a single winner emerges.
- If a player declares without meeting the game objective, he/she gets 80 points and the game continues till there is a winner.
Points calculation for the player who loses:
Each card carries a certain number of points. The losing player gets points equal to his/her hand score which is computed as follows :
- J, Q, K, A of any suit carry 10 points each.
- All other numbered cards carry the same points as their face value e.g. 7 carries 7 points and 3 carries 3 points.
- Joker cards carry zero points.
- At the end of the game, a losing player's hand score is computed by adding points for cards that are not grouped as sets/sequences with the following exceptions.
- If the losing player has no pure sequence, all cards are counted.
- If the losing player does not have two sequences, but has a pure sequence, only the pure sequence is not counted.
- A player can get a maximum of 80 points. For instance, if a player's hand score is 85 he/she will still get only 80 points. But if a player's hand score is 75, he/she will get 75 points.
- Deal Show: If the losing player has not had his first turn before the opponent has made a validdeclaration, then :
- The losing player gets points equal to half of his/her hand score. For example, if the hand score for a losing player is 30 points, then the player gets 15 points as his score.
- The minimum points a losing player can get in this case is 2 (for scores 2, 3, 4, & 5).
- The maximum points for a losing player in this case is 40 (for scores 80 or more).
- Special case : If a player misses 3 consecutive turns, he/she is dropped automatically from the game. This means that this player gets a middle drop score of 40 points.
What are the Maximum Points a Player Can Get?
A player can get a maximum of 80 points. This means that irrespective of the player holding higher value cards, the points are capped at 80.
Anything below 80 is awarded as is.
How are the Winnings Calculated in Points Rummy?
One winner wins all the Cash at the end of each game as follows:
Winnings =(Sum of points of all opponents) X (Rupee-value of the point) - RummyCircle Fees
E.g.: 5 players play a 'r 2 / Point' Rummy game. Player 5 declares and the other four players lose with 10, 20, 30 and 40 points respectively. The winner's Cash Prize will be calculated as 2 x (10 + 20 + 30 + 40) = r 200. This will be credited to the winner's RummyCircle account after deduction of the RummyCircle Fee.
How Does the Drop Option Work?
- Each player gets an option to drop the game in their turn, throughout the game duration.
- To avail the Drop option, the player must not have picked a card from open/closed deck in that turn.
- First Drop - If a player drops the game in their very first turn, he/she gets 20 points.
- Middle Drop - If a player drops the game in a turn other than the first, he/she gets 40 points.
- Special case: If a player misses 3 consecutive turns, he/she is dropped automatically from the game. This means that this player gets a middle drop score.
- Disconnection Scenario: On game table, under 'Options' >> 'Game Play Option', you can specify what should happen on the game table in case you get disconnected. You can choose to get dropped after 3 missed moves or you can remain on game table till you get reconnected.